My DeLillo Search List
Though I have over the years gathered quite a lot of DeLillo
material, there are still some things I've yet to find, and others
I don't even know exist. Any help that you can provide in obtaining
these items would be most appreciated. Let's make a deal!
- DeLillo's October 1997 San Francisco address was broadcast
on KQED radio in SF on Nov. 22, 1997 at noon. Any tapes?
- The review of The Names by Steve Erickson, which appeared
in The Los Angeles Reader, probably in 1982.
- When Libra and Mao II came out, DeLillo did
a few TV shows and radio shows; I'm wondering if anyone has any
audio/video tape recordings of any of these appearances which
I haven't noted, or even just dates and places.
- Any other key early DeLillo items that aren't mentioned above;
for instance the issues of the journals where DeLillo's stories
first appeared (all the Epoch volumes, the Kenyon Review, and
the Carolina Quarterly)
The following items have been found:
- The first paperback edition of Americana, put out
by Pocket books in 1973. Thanks to Erick Heroux. (7/17/96)
- A copy of the flyer that DeLillo and Auster wrote in support
of Salman Rushdie. Thanks to Russell Persson. (8/21/96)
- Douglas Keesey's book Don DeLillo published by Twaynes.
I bought a copy direct.
- The profile/interview of DeLillo in the August, 1988 Vogue.
Thanks to Jeremy Green for this and other items. (10/18/96).
- The paperback edition of Amazons, put out by Berkley.
I found a copy on the web. (12/10/96)
- A profile on DeLillo that ran in the Toronto Star,
June 27, 1991, page B7 titled "Being reclusive means never
having to tell your story." Thanks to Phil Nel for tracking
this down. (2/15/97)
- A translation of this Swedish interview.
Thanks to David Thomson for providing the translation. (2/24/97)
- The DeLillo piece called "The Image and the Crowd"
from the magazine Creative Camera in April 1993. See the
description in the Odds and
Ends page. Thanks again to David Thomson.
- The DeLillo piece in the first issue of the journal called
Trafika, from 1993. This is a reprint of "The Runner."
Thanks to Sean Power in Slovenia. (8/13/97)
- The English music paper Melody Maker ran an interview
with DeLillo in the November 19, 1988 issue. Thanks to Alan and
Bonnie Rae Brickman. (8/18/97)
- DeLillo made a radio appearance in Canada on Nov.
20, 1997, an interview with Michael Enright. Thanks to Martin
Lea for a copy of the tape. (4/6/98)
- The review of Americana by Nelson Algren, which appeared
in Rolling Stone in 1971. I finally found this on microfilm;
it was in the August 5 issue. (4/26/98)
- The review of Americana by Joyce Carol Oates, which
appeared in the Detroit Sunday News in 1971. Tom Holberg
located this one in the Detroit Sunday News, June 27,
1971 Page 5-E. (1/31/99)
- The excerpt from End Zone in Works in Progress
6, located in Boston, MA (5/14/00)
- The August 11, 1997 Publishers Weekly article on DeLillo
mentions an original screenplay "Game Six" - I was
able to get a copy of this from the DeLillo papers at the Harry
Ransom Center at UT Austin (October, 2004)
Back to DeLillo's America
Last updated: 22-JAN-2005